Wednesday 7 November 2007

おどろき- Surprises

Surprise Number One: Today, in approximately twenty-five minutes, I will be watching my first ever surgery!

Surprise Number Two: Over the next four months I will be watching many surgeries, perhaps as many as one per week, and of all different types. My hospital doesn't have a cardiology or neurology department - yes, I did ask! - but it does have an excellent orthopedic department. Do you know how cool an orthopedic surgery is going to be?!

Surprise Number Three: I am going to Kumamoto this weekend, my first trip outside of Nagasaki. There's a Kyushu-wide Red Cross Sports Competition being held there on Sunday, so the hospital is arranging for May and me to travel down there, as well as putting us up in a hotel and providing us with meals. We have to pay ¥5000 for this but, believe me, this is a bargain. Although we're only going to watch, it will be great cheering for the Nagasaki team, as well as getting to know some of the other hospital staff better. Oh, and Lucy and LeeAnna, two of the other Gapper's we met in Tokyo are placed in Kumamoto, so May and I will get to see them again too.

Surprise Number Four: I can't tell anybody this one yet, but for those it will affect - hee hee - it's going to be great.

*

Feeling good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You lucky Duck! We wait to hear all about it. G.xx

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm jealous. Can we expect photos? nah, thought not...

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear about surprise no. 4 btw.