Saturday 14 July 2007

疑い Doubt

This has been a tough week - for reasons I won't go into. There have been moments this week when I felt the last thing I wanted to do was to go abroad for six months, and it's at times like that when I really question my ability to get through such a challenge as this. I don't have much choice about the matter though – probably a good thing; I might have chickened out by now – so I just have to get on with it, I suppose.

In lighter news, I found a 1-on-1 Japanese teacher, who is currently giving me weekly lessons. He's a great teacher and I have learnt a lot already, having only had one 2-hour lesson with him. The only problem is that he charges £20 an hour. I'm trying not to worry about the money, it's just this is going to set me back a couple of hundred pounds that I hadn't anticipated.

This post seems to be all doom and gloom, so I'll leave it at that. I'll try and report back in a few days with more positive things to say.

No comments: