Thursday 19 July 2007

SOうどん SO Udon

A Japanese restaurant opened in Preston a few months ago called Soうどん. Yesterday my Mum and I ate there for the first time, and both of us came out with full stomachs, smiles on our faces, and barely a dint in our wallets. I rate it much higher than Sakura, the other (also fairly new) Japanese restaurant in Preston, which seemed more concerned with putting on an elaborate show than giving you a filling meal – and boy, did they charge a lot for the show. 'Soうどん' is primarily a noodle bar, but with a few other bits and pieces on the menu, such as teriyaki and tempura. They also had this phenomenal chocolate cake, which was made from the most mouth-watering dark, bitter chocolate. For the two of us, the bill came to £21. It wasn't the most amazing restaurant to eat in, but the portion sizes were more than adequate and the food really was delicious. For twenty quid, who can argue with that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Lily,
I typed in So Udon Preston and this site came up at the top- I'm impressed

Anonymous said...

sorry Lil that last one was from me - Chris