Friday 27 July 2007

計画する The Plan

It's probably about time that I explain what is going to happen when I leave for Japan at the beginning of September. Here's roughly how everything should pan out:

* My father and I are flying from Manchester airport to London Heathrow airport on 3rd September, then staying overnight in a nearby hotel.
* My flight from London Heathrow airport to Tokyo Narita airport leaves the UK at 13:00. I am flying with a group of about 10 other people who are also going on voluntary placements in Japan, all arranged through GAP like mine. I have only met some of these people so far but an eleven and a half hour flight will be a good opportunity to get to know everyone a little better.
* I arrive in Tokyo on the morning of September 5th. I will collect my suitcase then hand it over to a courier who will be transporting it directly to my accommodation in Nagasaki.
* With nothing but our rucksacks, the other Gappers and I will head to Lutheran Ichigaya youth hostel in Shinjuku-ku in central Tokyo, where we will be staying for the next two nights. There we will have our orientation course, which I have been told is just a couple of hours long, so for the rest of the time I am free to do as I will in Tokyo.
* On the afternoon of the 7th September I am flying (possibly with my GAP partner) from Tokyo Haneda airport to Nagasaki airport. The flight is about 2 hours.
* On arrival in Nagasaki, I will be greeted by Kimura-san (Ms Kimura), who will be overseeing me throughout my placement at Nagasaki Red Cross Ganbaku Hospital.
* After a quick train ride into Nagasaki city, I will arrive at the hospital's nurses apartments, where my suitcase will be waiting for me. I will have my own room (one of twenty-eight) with shared showers, washing machine, drier etc. I have also been told that I have a little kitchen area in my room.
* I might then be taken on a tour of the hospital (15 minutes walk from my accommodation), introduced to a few members of staff and so on.
* After that I guess I'll be starting work. More detail on that later.

2 comments:

yusufyusuf said...

güzelmişş... profil resmin ise süpper yaa... tuttum yani... tarkan hayranısın demek bak bu daha da güzel...
www.yusufyusuf85.blogspot.com
aramayapma@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I will collect my suitcase...

For a second there, I thought it said "I will collect my surprise"...

Make of that what you will.

It all sounds very exciting.