Tuesday 11 September 2007

2007⼿* 9⽉ 10⽈ - 10/9/07

Okay, it has taken me a few days but I think I have sorted out the internet problems I have been having since my arrival in Nagasaki. Basically, the internet café nearest to where I am staying – which is not only the cheapest but the only one I have found so far – doesn't have wireless facilities. Apparently, this is not uncommon in Japan. It also does not allow the use of USB's so I couldn't transfer any of my photos etc. that way, and the keyboards were incredibly difficult to decipher. However, I do now have access to a computer at the hospital, which has internet and a usable USB port and an easy-to-use keyboard. In fact, it's a Mac. So the current plan is to write all blog post at home and transfer them and my photos via USB during my lunch hour or after work. I am using May's iPod to do this at the moment but will hopefully buy a USB stick this weekend.

My first day of work today was difficult. Well, actually it was just tiring. I'm confident though that once I get into a routine it will become much easier. Fingers crossed.

*Apologies to my Japanese-speaking readers for my ue of the incorrect kanji for `year`; I counldn`t find the correct one.

No comments: