Tuesday 25 September 2007

しゃしん - Photographs

It has been requested that I post some photographs of Nagasaki city. Unfortunately I haven't had much opportunity to do any sightseeing yet (it's still too hot and too humid to go exploring, especially since I like to explore on foot) and therefore, I currently don't have all that many to post. I have a few photographs, however, from the area around my accommodation and the hospital.

This is the view from my apartment, or part of it:


This is Inasa-Yama/Mount Inasa, the highest peak in Nagasaki, which stands at 333m high:


This is the northern view from the Nagasaki Seiyokan building, which houses an array of restaurants and small shops:


There are a couple of these statues dotted about the place, but this is my favourite:


I don't know if you can see in this photo, but there is a little trickle of a stream leading down this mini valley...


...And this is what it leads to, Urakami-Gawa:


*

May and I ate out for the first time since coming to Nagasaki on Saturday evening, as a joint celebration of our birthdays. We could have gone for sushi, soba, udon, but no, we decided to eat at Jolly Pasta in the Nagasaki Seiyokan building.


I had the maruguriita pizza (see photo of plastic window display version below), and May had some kind of cheesy spaghetti dish that had a slightly spicy after-taste. We shared a brownie ice cream sundae for dessert. Yum. It was a lovely meal, if not an authentic Italian one. Having said that, what do I know about authentic Italian food? Not a lot. My share of the bill came to ¥724, which is around £3.10. Amazing, huh?! I can't believe I thought Japan was going to be a really expensive country to live in.

No comments: