Tuesday 18 September 2007

9⽉17⽇ - 17/09/07; テレビ - Television

I have been making a point of watching a little TV every day to help with my language studies. At the moment I am still feeling a little overwhelmed linguistically by some of the programs that are on, but those that have more commentary than conversation are great. For instance, chat shows and game shows I find really boring because I understand so little of the Japanese. However, cooking shows, travel shows and sports coverage are fantastic. There is a sumo tournament going on a the moment so there is plenty of the latter on TV every day. With cooking and travel programs it is more hit and miss, but sometimes I find a real gem. This morning I stumbled upon a show about two Japanese women who were travelling on the Eastern and Oriental Express and stopping off in numerous countries along the way. Yeah, that was good, although I think maybe the Japanese idea of travel is to stay in five-star hotels and eat at all the finest restaurants. Each to their own. I don't honestly know how much of a help the TV is going to be with learning the language, but there's no harm in trying I suppose.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lil just realised you were on this blogspot after receiving your email, most entertaining I must say
loved that Tshirt and the indoor slippers, I am currently fashioning myself a similar pair from household straws, which as long as I remember to bend up the ends allow me to walk upon the surface of rivers.

Anonymous said...

Oh its me Chris, forgot to mention

Lily Monk said...

Wow, Chris, these slippers sound awesome. I want to see :-) Or might you be telling porkies...?